AIT Call for Senior Researchers / Researchers for EU H2020 project
In its 14 years of existence, AIT has become a beacon of research excellence in the field of ICT in Europe, attracting a large number of collaborative projects under FP7 in the past and H2020 now. In particular, the Networks and Optical Communications (NOC) group of AIT has strong expertise in the field of optical networking and system design and evaluation, and has performed pioneering work on significant networking concepts proven by an outstanding number of publications and international recognitions.
AIT’s NOC group is currently seeking for at least two researchers to work primarily on a newly funded H2020 project under the recent 5GPPP call. The 3-year project considers an advanced system design approach and investigates innovative technology and networking solutions for the optical front-haul and back-haul system including the functions of the edge node. AIT is the technical leader of the project and responsible for the system design, the technology requirements and the overall evaluation of the proposed solutions in terms of cost, energy and feasibility.
- The candidates must have expertise in one or ideally more of the following fields:
- Optical system design for 5G fronthaul/backhaul or for optical access networks, including technology, cost and energy evaluation.
- Network planning and resource optimization, edge node resource optimization and interfacing with SDN controller.
- Resource (infrastructure) virtualization, NFV and SDN
- The candidates should also have at least 3 years of demonstrable experience in their fields of expertise, working under collaborative research projects (ideally H2020 or FP7 projects). Applications by exceptional but non-experienced researchers will be considered too and evaluated based on their PhD research outcomes.
- Besides the technical background, the candidates should have the ability to efficiently manage their work tasks, including: collection and organization of information, data processing, technical reporting (in the form of deliverable reports), and risk identification.
- Strong interpersonal skills are required in order to manage the interactions with other researchers from the collaborating partners.
- Collaborate with research and development teams of the project to collect, process and evaluate technology and system related information
- Have a thorough understanding of the investigated network and technology solutions.
- Organise and update the collected information, keep track of the missing or uncertain data and maintain possible alternative solutions and remarks.
- Efficiently perform the studies in the field of expertise and provide clear and well-organised data and/or algorithms, as well as the technical reports for the deliverables.
- Promote sound research outcomes to international journals and conferences.
- Represent AIT in project plenary meetings or the project in international conferences, workshops and 5GPPP meetings.